Friday, December 10, 2010

Uyama Hiroto - A Son Of The Sun (2008)


A talented producer and multi-instrumentalist who is mostly known for his work with Nujabes, Uyama Hiroto's debut is atmosphere phantasmagoria, an ascending beat-laden staircase to near divine clarity in mind and soul. It's also my top album of 2008 by leaps and bounds.

I cannot begin to pay verbose homage to how crystalline these musical figments make me feel - it's almost too smooth to be believed. The sax on 'Climbed Mountain' will follow you to your sleep to a blinding gourishankar, whilst everything else could follow you to death, deep inside. And truth be told, I can't imagine what listening to this on the right substances might result in. Maybe I'd wake up and think I was in Paradise. Guess I'll have to add that to my Christmas list eh?

For river jazz zen embodied, I present thine tribute.

Listen Here - "Climbed Mountain"


No comments:

Post a Comment